8.12.07

Overplayed Movies: Mean Girls

In 2004, a study found that since the introduction of feature films, there have been more than 120, 000 movies made throughout the last century.

I called it. Channel Ten again. And guess what? I have ANOTHER Channel Ten Overplayed Movie segment to write up tomorrow. Seeings as I'm getting into the summer decomposing period of the year, I'm thinking I'm going to be inundated with these. Have I bitten off more than I can spit out in revulsion? It's a possibility.
Yeah, and Channel Ten actually showing movies that they haven't shown every 4 months is also a possibility. Anything's possible in theory.

Mean Girls is deceptive. People really like it. Channel Ten must have fallen to their knees and thanked their commercially corrupt deities the day they secured the rights to it. It's a popular film that directly applies to everything Channel Ten is about. It is fresh to some degree (Ten will make short work of that) and it does have the strong teen appeal. It's even justifiably current with Lindsay Lohan aptly making headlines as she dismantles her own career like a professional loser.

People not only like Mean Girls, but Channel Ten also really likes Mean Girls. For Ten, the only criticism would be that it lacked Adam Sandler. Alas, there is no such thing as total perfection.

I don't really like the movie myself, but I can see why it is a good candidate for being overplayed. It's just good chemistry with the audience base. I'll let Ten off the hook for this one, but don't let me see this on the schedule for at least 6 more months. Okay? Much obliged, my old rival.

Mean Girls - 7:30pm, Saturday December 8th. Channel Ten

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan, its a pity you no longer are updating your blog....

Anyway, I must take my hat off to channel "again" for reaching its recent new low of showing Mean Girls twice within 2 months...