15.12.07

Ad Shittium: An Aussie Goes Bolly

"Gday, I'm Gus and I'm comin' to India
(comin' to India) What's gotten int' ya?
Well you know last year, I went Barmy
This year, I'm gonna swing it like a swamy."


"If all things Indian, I must partake
He'll even charm the pants of a snake
I'm not here for just one day
I'll make new mates, the Aussie way
Coz' I've gone Bolly (He's gone Bolly)
I've gone Bolly, Come on Aussie
I've gone Bolly!"


Not since the sonnets of Shakespeare, or some may argue the epic tomes of Homer, has the creative mind come to witness such poetry. Thank you Gus; may you inspire a whole new generation of storytellers and dream-weavers. And upon the shoulders of these young scribes rests the undying possibility of issuing in a global renaissance from your near-divine teachings. And if I may end with a relevant quote: "I hear the vindaloo is really, really rich..." So true, so true.

Next season I'm praying for: An Aussie Goes And Never Comes Back. Ever.

No comments: