9.12.07

Overplayed Movies: First Knight

In 2004, a study found that since the introduction of feature films, there have been more than 120, 000 movies made throughout the last century.

Channel Ten. Or as I am beginning to call them; Channel AGAIN!?!?!

God, their movie library is so woefully tired. I mean, when you overplay First Knight... there's a real problem. I also really resent how every time it comes on (which has to be about 3 times a year) they market it by pointing out how sexy the two male leads are. Really? Sexy? Sean Connery and Richard Gere? Dashing, maybe. But sexy?

I have no idea why this is such a favourite of Ten. It's a stupid movie, to be sure. But it's also a medieval melodrama.
Now that this has been played, that OTHER overplayed medieval movie, A Knight's Tale, is bound to be lurking closeby. Let's just wait and see as I ready my brandishing whip.

No comments: